Though considered a rare medical necessity, Cosmetic Dermatology is the answer to your beauty worries and helps improve the overall appearance of skin, nails, and hair.
At DermaPurity we offer various treatments to maintain the skin aesthetics, enhance its texture by tackling issues like acne, acne scars, photo-aging, rosacea, melasma, cellulite, congested glands, oil glands, deep wrinkles & unwanted hair.
Acne scars can be formed due to persistent pimples & breakouts on the skin that later turn into stubborn marks. Depending on the skin-type & kind of acne,
Various treatments offered at DermaPurity can reduce these pigmented scars:
- Chemical Peels
- Lasers Resurfacing
Acne, also called Acne Vulgaris is a type of skin disease when the hair follicles are clogged with the oily dead cells. This condition is most worrisome for the people and this condition usually
Cause: The causes of Acne includes:
- Hormonal Imbalance
- Intake of insufficient diet.
- Exposure to UV radiation.
- Stress and excessive smoking.
These are the factors which in the future could lead to the formation of comedones and infection by Propionibacterium acne and inflammation.
- Grade 1: In this stage, there is no inflammation or comedones and a few papules.
- Grade 2: This stage includes comedones, papules, and a few
- Grade 3: The inflammatory papules are a bit larger in size with some pustules and cysts. It could also involve the face, neck and upper portion of the trunk.
- Grade 4: Severe cysts – Nodulocystic Acne.
When these grades are left untreated for a long time then the pigmentation of the scar becomes the biggest worries for a person.
In this condition, the skin usually looks aged and unhealthy. There are many of the factors which contribute to this poor skin texture that needs immediate fixation: This could result from a hereditary problem.
- Long exposure to sun and UV rays leads to photoaging.
- The pores are dilated due to the production of excess sebum which is normally seen over the T-Zone areas of skin.
- Aging could also lead to open pores as with the passage of time the collagen production decreases.
These open pores could lead to the formation of white and blackheads. The blackheads are formed when the excessive sebum is clogged in these open pores and results in an uneven patchy structure. At Dermapurity you will get all these ailments cured and will leave a flawless fresh and younger skin.
When an excess pigment or melanin deposits in the pores of the skin then it should be treated immediately. Pigmentation depends upon the amount of melanin deposit and is only accumulated in the epidermis
These conditions are normal and it is up to the person that he wants to get treated or not but it should be taken as a matter of concern.
There are a number of causes which could result in the pigmentation like:
- A hormone melisma
- After the pregnancy period
- Becker’s naevus
- Long term exposure to the sun or the UV rays.
- Acanthosis nigricans
- Deep dermal pigmentation.
- Use of faulty skin products.
- Post acne eruptions.
- Could be due to hereditary concerns.
- After taking specific drugs.
If you find these causes for pigmentation in your body then it becomes extremely important to treat the pigmentation conditions as they do have tendencies to flare and worsen. These type of treatments are readily diagnosed at Dermapurity with care.
This type of condition occurs when the skin gets a reddish pigment which is mostly seen in the areas of cheeks and nose. This chronic condition sometimes goes away by its own but in
several conditions, it is aggravated. Various factors are responsible for this condition, which includes –
- Exposure of skin to extreme temperatures and sunlight.
- Consumption of spicy food, hot or cold beverages which are rich in caffeine.
- Too much stress or anxiety could also result in Rosacea.
- Doing too strenuous exercises.
- Hot steam bath.
- Intake of Certain medication which could result in this condition.
The condition of Rosacea could be gauged in four different forms.
- Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea is visible as consistent redness over the cheek, nose, and The blood vessels could be usually seen in this condition.
- Papulopustular Rosacea – in this condition the parts of the affected areas are depicted by permanent redness with a few bulges or bumps which results in an uneven skin tone. There are conditions where few of the acneiform eruptions could also appear.
- Phymatous Rosacea – This condition usually targets the nose area and makes it look more irregular and bigger than normal.with more sebaceous pores visible. This condition could also affect the forehead, chin and the ears.
- Ocular Rosacea – In this condition, the eyes become red, dry, inflamed with a gritty feel.
This condition is accompanied by tortuous web-like veins which are visible over the face or legs. This condition is harmless and does not show any severe symptoms but are aesthetically not good to see.
Sometimes it can be accompanied by mild pain and burning sensation. There could be various causes of spider veins which include:
- Hormonal replacement therapy or the people who are in oral medication.
- Application of corticosteroids for a longer period.
- Occupations where a person has to stand for long
Scars majorly happen after surgery and develop into a rigid one. Two types of majors concerns that is – hypertrophic scar and keloids should not be overlooked. Hypertrophic Scars – occurs after surgery and other conditions
such as acne and chicken pox take 3 or more weeks of healing and sometimes these too develop into a scar. Hypertrophic is kind of a wound which can be developed at any part of the body and resolved with proper medication.
Keloids – derived from a Greek word called “Cheloides” which means crab claw. The major occurrence of the scar is exuberant tissue response at the time of healing. The condition is usually hereditary and seen over the chest, shoulder, upper back, arms, and ear lobes. These scars can get spread beyond the wounded area and causes burning and irritation. Early medication and treatment are suggested.
Medically, it is called “Striae” usually seen in women. The commonly affected areas are – abdomen, buttocks, breasts, calves, thighs, and upper arms. There can be multiple reasons for stretch marks which includes – Pregnancy, Obesity
- Sudden weight gain or loss
- Sudden growth during puberty
- Hormone Cortisone
- Corticosteroid medication
People with sensitive skin face reactive change in their skin with a slight change in weather, products used, or stress. The skin easily gets red, irritated, and itchy even on the application of daily products.
Such people have skin barriers and more disposed to allergic reactions, sunburn, rosacea, acne, and sensations.
Such people need to keep their skin moisturized and hydrated all the time. Topical and oral medication is recommended.
Dark circles signify tiredness, stress, and sleeplessness. It is also known as – ‘periorbital hypermelanosis’. Good sleep is not really enough to lighten them, sometimes one needs good medical treatment to get rid of them.
Several reasons for dark circles are as follows:
- Atopic Dermatitis
- Allergies like – rhinitis and hay fever
- Stress and Fatigue
- Tightly Rubbing your eyes
- Sun Exposure
- Smoking, Alcohol, and Caffeine
- Environmental conditions
It is frequently heard that one is not happy with the dull skin. It is usually developed because of dryness, acne, dark circles, pigmentation, and sagging. Common causes of dull skin are – dead cells,
stress, dehydration, and hormonal imbalance like thyroid, hyperandrogenism, and environmental challenges. Heavy Smokers lacking vitamins, minerals, and water intake are more prone to premature aging.
When you directly come in contact with ultraviolet radiations, you become a victim of tanning. The tanning leads to darkening of complexion due to an increase in melanin, a component which gives color to
your skin. UVA, as well as UVB, are responsible for tanning, but UVB is more harmful and can also turn to skin cancer. Medication and Regular treatment are suggested to get rid of the harmful effects of the sun and burning patches.